Wednesday, May 21, 2014

NuGo Slim Protein Bars Review

Hey all!

So recently I was sent two protein bars from NuGo nutrition to try out and review! I was so excited to try these out since, if we're going to be perfectly honest, protein bars are expensive and..um...#poorcollegekidproblems. But also because these bars are vegan and I love getting the chance to try protein bars that aren't made from whey isolate. One of my favorites is the Larabar ALT bars that are made with pea protein. They're also gluten free, perfect for all you Celiacs and others trying to be trendy (kidding!) ;)

These bars are also made with REAL dark chocolate and are the only protein bars out there to do so. Both bars I tried were entirely coated in rich and creamy chocolate, it was so freaking good.

The first one I tried was the Espresso flavor. The first thing I noticed about this bar was how rich the dark chocolate coating was. Not too thick, not too thin, jusssstttt right. The espresso flavor was also perfect. It came through nicely and wasn't overpowered by the chocolate; the two flavors complemented each other nicely. I also really loved how crispy this bar was! Not crumbly like a lot of protein bars and had a great and satisfying crunch.
Look at all those perfect crispies! So delicious.
 The  next bar I tried was the Crunchy Peanut Butter flavor. I knew this one would be good because, I mean, it's peanut butter and chocolate. Kind of hard to mess that up. Luckily, I was right. This bar was the perfect pairing of smooth and rich peanutty goodness paired with rich, dark chocolate. Again, same awesome texture as the Espresso bar and equally as crunchy.
                                             
All in all, these were awesome protein bars that I'm so happy I got to try out. Normally vegan protein bars have kind of a bad rap but I straight up forgot these were vegan while I was eating them. The macros for these bars are also great for those of you interested in that. I'll post them here:

Espresso: 170 Cals, 5g fat, 20g carbs (7g fiber), 16g protein, 3g sugar
Peanut Butter: 180 Cals, 7g fat, 18g carbs (7g fiber), 17g protein, 3g sugar

Click here for more information about these bars and here to use their store locator to find where they're sold near you (US and Canada only).






No comments:

Post a Comment