Sunday, July 20, 2014

Tiramisu Egg White Proats

Like most fit foodies out there, I'm always looking to get the most volume I can get from my foods. Tricking myself into thinking I'm getting ginormous portion sizes is a great way to help me stay full longer, something that's pretty difficult to do. Egg white oats are something that I've always been skeptical of but have recently fallen madly in love with.

I recently took a trip to WalMart and picked up some rum extract which lead me to thinking this would be the perfect time to whip up some Tiramisu oats. These were amazing - the coffee, rum, vanilla, and cinnamon flavors all work together so perfectly. Definitely try these out and let me know what you think!

Ingredients:
  • 1/2 cup oats
  • Rum extract
  • Vanilla extract
  • Stevia
  • Cinnamon
  • 1T Chia seeds
  • 3T or 1 Egg white(s)
  • 1/4 scoop Cinnamon Swirl whey (I used Cellucor)
  • Toppings!
Directions:
Cook 1/2 cup of oats in 1 cup of water for about 3 minutes. Then, add in your extracts (the amount varies to your own personal preference), 1 stevia packet, and 3T egg whites. Microwave the oats in :30 second intervals, stirring vigorously each time, until the egg whites have cooked and the oats have fluffed up. This usually takes me about 3-4 intervals. Add 1T chia seeds and cinnamon to taste. I also took the time to add in a bit of my coffee I had made, just to get some flavor in, not too much though. Once the oats have cooled a bit, add in 1/4 scoop or 1T cinnamon swirl whey. Top and devour! I used some berries and a TBSP of all natural peanut butter for some classic perfection.

No comments:

Post a Comment